Friday, November 13, 2009

Three for Three

Three inches.  Three weeks.  The spare tire is deflating a bit.  I am pleased.  I do tend to do things in three's it seems.  One pregnancy.  Three children at once. Three children who happen to be three years old.  But, today, I celebrate three inches gone from my waistline in just three weeks!  When I remember, I will give Michael three-high fives to commemorate the occasion (okay I probably won't do that really...I won't).

I am pleased.

Two pounds down according to my weigh in Thursday afternoon.  However, I am going to claim three on that too.  I weighed this morning (as I wanted to weigh on an empty stomach and hope that I would be lighter than my afternoon weigh-in the day prior).  I was right.  I showed three pounds down on that.  So, I am claiming three.  I do things in three's, what can I say?  

I am pleased.

On task for this week is to do things in 5's.  No, I am not going to add twins to my trio (never fear; it's much simpler than an instant family).  This week, I am going to focus on eating 5 small meals a day.  As I mentioned before, I do things in three's (to a fault at times).  I need to be eating 5 small, 300 calorie meals a day.  Now, this is what I am allotted for my height and body type (your allowance is probably not the same as mine so find out for yourself what yours should be).  I tend to be a three-meal gal, which is not good for keeping your metabolism going.  I tend to eat three large meals a day and no snacks in between.  This week, I must abandon my natural inclination towards the number three and try to eat my five meals.  But, nonetheless, I am pleased with my results.  

And just for kicks, I was playing with my trio outside today and thought I saw a wolf (yes I know we don't have wolves here).  I yelled, "Oh my gosh! It is a wolf, run!"  So, I started dragging my trio up to the house and all one of them could do was scream "My shoes! Mommy! You are leaving my shoes!"  Three year olds have no concept for the words "It's a wolf, run!" and apparently their mommy cannot see at dusk.  

It was the (no joking here) family of 'triplet' deer that my dad feeds in his backyard.  We have been feeding them since they were little baby trips! See, I told you I was not lying about the three thing!  

'Til Next Time,
Jessica Kirkland

2 comments:

  1. OK...let me brag a little. This morning as I was getting ready to rush off to work, I grabbed a pair of scrubs...the only ones that really didn't need to be ironed at 5:00 AM. These are the scrubs that never get worn because they are too small. In August I could not put them on...this morning changed all of that. In a rush (with a little hesitancy) I thought to myself...no one is up..no one else will ever know...go ahead..put them on....just see if they fit. WOW....they fit..pulled right up...a perfect fit! I am a dedicated Michael's fitness fan. THanks so much for what you do...you are making a difference

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the message! I enjoyed working out with you the other day and you are right...hard work often translates into fitting into that "pair of scrubs" that did not fit before. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete