Friday, November 6, 2009

Baby Steps

Right after my children were born, I joined a fitness place in Atascocita.  Determined to lose the near 70 pounds I had gained while pregnant with my triplets, I set out into the vast world of treadmills, weight machines, and "pretty people."  One step into this massive gym and I could feel the fear washing over me.  "I do not know how to operate these machines!" I remember telling myself silently.  I was intimidated by the complexity of the equipment as well as the appearance of the golden men and women strutting around in the gym.  Hmmm...where are the overweight people like me?  I wondered often.  I had joined with a friend and after two weeks, the friend quit.  After two more weeks, my fear got the best of me, and I had lost money and self confidence.  

That element of fear is one major problem that does not exist for me at Michael's Fitness.  Michael walks me through my work-outs step by step.  Using simple principles and techniques, I am getting results and instruction presented to me in a way that is not intimidating or scary.  My kids and I paid Michael a visit today after I picked them up from school (it was Cowboy/wear your hat to school day mind you).  











































































Some people find getting into a new exercise routine very emotionally challenging.  But, I'm here to tell you, at Michael's Fitness, it's as easy as 1-2-3.  Remember yesterday's challenge:  do one small thing.  Baby steps.  

'Til Next Time,
Jessica Kirkland

No comments:

Post a Comment