Friday, December 11, 2009

Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend!


They say diamonds are a girls best friend. And for all intensive purposes, this motto is true. That is, if you can squeeze your diamond onto your "I still haven't lost all my baby weight" finger. Yes, almost four long years ago, I quit wearing my wedding ring. Or rather, the wedding ring was not able to contain my swollen fingers. Don't laugh. Swollen fingers are a natural part of a woman's pregnancy. BUT, usually 6-12 months after the pregnancy ends, one is usually able to reunite with their wedding ring.

I, however, could not reunite with my beloved diamond. I was determined to lose the weight. However, time continued to march on and my fingers seemed to have a mind of their own. I began to think that my fingers would never be able to accommodate my previous ring size. And time continued to march on. Oh, the dilemma...to get the ring sized or not to get it sized.

Frankly, I just wanted to lose the weight and be thin again. But, that proved to be a difficult task. Months would pass by and I would give myself a new deadline. Then, I would decide it was hopeless again and decide to have my ring re-sized. The cycle would continue.

A few months ago, I tried my ring on. It actually went on my finger with no more than a slight (okay a forceful) shove. It then proceeded to turn my finger purple. No amount of lotion could get it off and I began to panick. My entire arm was throbbing from the pain. I seriously thought I might have to go to the Liberty Hospital and have someone saw it off. It was either the ring....or my finger. After 10 minutes of panic, pain, and the near dislocation of my finger, I decided that enough was enough...I would re-size my wedding ring after all! It had been 3 1/2 long years since I had worn it and I was not going to be foolish any longer. I decided that next time I remembered, I would take it with me to the jeweler and have it taken care of.

So, a few days ago, I got my ring out and started hunting for the box to take it for sizing. I glared at it with my super x-ray vision and willed it to fit on my finger. Actually, I decided to give it one more try since I have been going to Michael's Fitness for 2 months now. I spoke softly to it and pleaded in hushed tones to "please fit this time" and lo and behold.......it slid on with ease.


No purple finger. No magic tricks. Just two months at Michael's Fitness and some hard work paid off. Thanks Michael!

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Way to go! You know I was wondering if it might fit the other day when we were discussing wedding rings b/c Corbett was looking for his outside at the camp! Meant to ask if you'd tried it in a while! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Michael's,
    You did a really great job. I found very interesting and very informaiton about Health and Fitness from your blog. It's just amazing. I like your way of writing and explaining the topics. Keep it up. I'm looking forward to your new posts.

    Regards,
    James Woods, Health Expert @ HealthPharmaRx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet that definately diamons are girls best friends forever..

    Elliptical Reviews schwinn 430 elliptical trainer

    ReplyDelete