Friday, October 30, 2009

Blog Launch

We are very excited here at Michael's Fitness because today marks day 1 of our blog launch.  Michaels' Fitness is located in Liberty, Texas behind AM Donuts on Hwy. 90. Can you appreciate the irony of our location with me for a moment?  Donut Shop.  Fitness Center.

 Hmmm...

Oftentimes, breaking bad habits can seem a bit overwhelming.  Whether you simply have a poor diet, inconsistent exercise habits, or chronic health problems that keep you disappointed with your appearance, the disdain for a dressing room mirror is enough to keep anyone's spirits low.  Michael Cook has been a personal trainer for over 12 years.  He has trained people from professional athletes to children with special needs.  I am your systems administrator (and a client of course).  I am a business owner myself and a mother of three.  

Almost four years ago, I got a dream "decree" from my doctor.  Hold on to your hats..are you ready?  She told me to go home and eat.  Eat icecream, eat seconds, eat like there ain't no tomorrow!  I was having triplets and I was on a schedule.  Gain as much weight as fast as I could!  Oh the exhiliration of it all...everyday my family brought me elaborate meals of meats, casseroles, and desserts laid out in colorful rows and delivered via a Winnie The Pooh tray my mom picked up for me at Wal-Mart.  I loved this new sentence!  EAT-EAT-EAT!  And I did.  I was instructed to gain twenty pounds in 6 weeks, and then another twenty pounds in the 60 days to follow.  What seemed like an impossible feat soon proved to be quite attainable.  Seventy pounds and seven months later- I delivered three, healthy three-pound babies.  

For the last 3 1/2 years I have struggled to REVERSE the damage brought on by my sinister Winnie The Pooh tray!  Let's just say time marches on rather slowly when you revert to behavior such as dodging family pictures and bathroom mirrors.  It is an exhausting existence to look at what God created with disdain and distrust.  Who is this person that I have become?  

Are you there with me today?  Not only am I the site administrator for Michael's Fitness, I am also a client.  In less than two weeks, Michael helped me lose a full 1% of my body fat.  No more Pooh Trays, no more excuses!  

'Til Next Time,
Jessica Kirkland 

No comments:

Post a Comment